This is a sponsored post with Lake Placid and Mums the Word Network. All opinions are my own.
“Mais où sont les neiges d’anten?” – François Villon
“Where are the snows of yesteryear?” –Translation by Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Here in Boston, we’ve had a very mild winter with downright balmy temperatures at Christmas time. This has really made me long for the good old snow days I so fondly remember. Whether they were days off when I was young spent making snow angels and forts or more recent snow days with the entire family snuggled up around the fire.
What does your perfect snow day look like? What activities would you choose?
Lake Placid wants to know about your perfect fantasy snow day and one entrant will win theirs!
Lake Placid is a quaint alpine village in the midst of the Adirondack wilderness that offers both a contemporary full-service resort atmosphere and an outdoor recreational paradise, the best of two worlds.
For my perfect day in Lake Placid, I would wake early and head outside. The beautiful view of the snowcapped mountains and the smell of the evergreens would be a feast for the senses.
I would love to try the Lake Placid Toboggan Chute where a 30-foot-high converted ski jump trestle sends toboggans down ice covered chutes onto frozen Mirror Lake. Depending on weather conditions, toboggans can travel over 1,000 feet once they reach the frozen lake surface. This would surely be a highlight and get the heart pumping!
After this, I’d take a walk down Main Street to have lunch and visit the shops. Main Street has homemade treats from artisan chocolates to Adirondack maple syrup, gourmet olive oils and vinegars all from small mom and pop shops, perfect for gifts as well.
I would have to get a hot chocolate at Temptations, a specialty food store which has over 40 artisan and specialty cheeses, fresh baguettes and Rulf’s apple cider donuts.
You could then go Nordic skating or snowshoeing, but on this perfect day I would do some cross-country skiing along the breathtaking backcountry trails and explore!
Of course we’d have to play in the snow and have some snowball fights, then race back to our resort to warm up and get a massage at the spa. After that, it’s a night out with dinner and a local wine tasting.
Then a blissful sleep!
What does your perfect snow day look like?
Here’s how to enter:
- Create a video in which you describe the menu of activities that comprise the invention of your own Perfect Snow Day in Lake Placid.
- Post on YouTube. Title the video: “Hey Lake Placid, here’s my Perfect Snow Day!”
- Entrants should use the hashtag #PerfectSnowDayADK when sharing on social media.
- Organizers will select up to the top 10 entries, and those finalists’ videos will be aggregated on the contest landing page, lakeplacid.com/come-play.
- Voting will be promoted through Lake Placid’s webpages and social media channels. The finalists will be announced on Feb. 28, 2016.
- The entrant with the most votes accumulated at the end of the contest will win their Perfect Snow Day in Lake Placid represented in their video, plus 2 more perfect days to invent! (Prize includes lodging for 3 nights for 4 people and activities based on the winner’s video content/menu.)
Dates: Finalists selected February 28, 2016, winner selected March 18, 2016.
So, have some fun, allow your imagination and dreams to play and describe your perfect snow day in this wintry wonderland. I wish you all the very best of luck!
Stay Connected with Lake Placid on Social Media: