At the beginning of October, Appy Kids, a subsidiary of Growl Media launched its very first interactive storybook, Alfie, Haathi & the Magic Bioscope.
This new app is the first of its kind built entirely on the Eureekah platform. Eureekah is an app development framework that gives both designers and creative professionals a faster and more collaborative workflow along with a drag-and-drop interface. Growl Media’s emphasis on early educational content, interactivity and animation are key to making the content extremely engaging.
I have this downloaded on my iPad and iPhone and it’s great to take with us on the go, when we have to wait at the doctor’s office or on a long car trip. The animation is bright, whimsical and exciting as Alfie, a curious little boy from India and his elephant pal Haathi explore. In each scene children can interact with animals, objects and Alfie and Haathi. With a simple touch, a different culture is brought to life and Bollywood music fills the air.
The story takes off when Alfie and Haathi discover a dusty old box, which is the gateway to fun adventures and a magical world. Ultimately it’s a story about a little boy from India, his best friend and the true meaning of friendship.
Learning about different cultures and lifestyles is a great stepping stone to expanding our children’s worlds, letting them know how different, yet how alike kids are all over.
– “Read to me” option allows parents to turn off the voice-over and read the storybook to their children themselves.
– Page selector allows for easy navigation to a non-consecutive page.
– Professional audio narration.
– Custom background audio for each scene created by acclaimed Bollywood music producer Ram Sampath.
– Hints to guide parents and kids by highlighting all interactions in each scene.
– Objects, words and characters come to life with animations and/or interesting and educational factoids.
– This app is universal and has been optimised for Retina displays and the iPad.
You can check out Alfie, Haathi & The Magic Bioscope at the iTunes App Store.