This shop has been compensated by Acorn Influence, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
As the weather cools and summer winds down, we move on to the next phase, Back To School!
New clothes, backpacks, notebooks and pens are all ready to go, but, as we know, school lunches are a daily chore.
Here are some tips to make your lunchmaking easier!
- Don’t wait till the last minute. Use a whiteboard or planner and jot down ideas ahead of time for the week.
- Make school lunch shopping lists with your kids so you have what you need at hand.
- Make lunches the night before so you have one less worry in the morning.
- Get your kids involved. Give them healthy choices, for example, tuna sandwich or PB&J, hummus with pretzels or veggies. Let them plan with you.
- Don’t pack things you want your kids to eat; pack things you know they like.
- I like to add spontaneous surprises – organic gummy bears, a handwritten note, chocolate yogurt covered raisins. Something unexpected.
Here are some of our favorites: Cut up pita triangles with hummus, leftover mac and cheese or pasta salad, chicken quesadillas, turkey wrap with coleslaw, apple slices with almond butter, chips and salsa, watermelon wedges and berries, sliced cucumber and carrot sticks with ranch dressing.
This year, we are really into the new Yogurt Multipacks which I picked up this weekend at Walmart.
They are superslim so they fit easily in the fridge and have a newly designed easy-open top which allows you to see how many of each flavor are left.